Friday, June 09, 2006

Bad Dudes

Bad Dudes is one of those games that seemed a lot more fun when I played it back in the 80's. Of course, we also thought MC Hammer pants and 8 inch bangs were pretty cool too. Speaking of the 80's, here's a phrase that should strike a cold bolt of horror into anyone who remembers the 80's. "Hey man, Tom Cruise is so totally rad!!!"
Christ. My soul died a little bit just typing that phrase. Anyway, Bad Dudes. I suppose that you can't expect much from a game that leads off with the phrase: "The president has been kidnapped by ninjas! Are you a bad enough dude to save him?" Let's think about that statement for just a moment. "The president has been kidnapped by ninjas! Are you a bad enough dude to save him?" Is there any phrase that can sum up the 80's quite like that one does?
In any case, our muscle-slathered heros have been recruited to rescue the kidnapped president from a band of roughly 18 bazillion ninjas (apparently homeland defence hasn't improved much since then). Is it just me, or does anyone else find female ninja strangely hot?
Then, to counter the strange attraction of the female ninja's, you've got one fat firebreather.
I suppose I could have tried a lot harder to make this entertaining, or even mildly amusing, but I somehow completely lost interest about a third of the way through.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home