Monday, December 26, 2005

Aladdin

Just what I wanted for Christmas, I'm telling you. A game about a bum who finds a genie and uses it to get rich and trick a princess into sleeping with him. Fuck you, Disney, that's what the story is really about.
In true Disney spirit, they sanitized the story to the point where it was unrecognizable. In the original, Ala al-Din was a good-for nothing tramp who gets a magic ring and a magic lamp from a long-lost magician uncle. At no point does he hit guards with fucking apples.
Nor does he fly around on a carpet shooting down innocent birds. Instead, he and the princess give a cup of poisoned wine to the uncle, kill his brother when he seeks revenge, and are generally unpleasant people.
Robin Williams is, significantly, nowhere to be found. In fact, jinn are pretty evil fuckers who are not to be messed with. Fuck with a jinn and it's game over.
Just like this. Good fucking riddance. This does not, however, make me want to enslave my very own jinn to fuck up other people's worlds any less. I continue to make sure to rub every oil lamp I see. Makes me real popular at junk shops.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home